Friday, October 2, 2009

High School Soccer Tryouts


It was August and it was time for my favorite sport, soccer. I am at Stevenson High School and you had to tryout to get on the team. But before tryouts there was conditioning. This is when you do a lot of running to get in shape. But this was the total opposite. We did no running, instead we just did a lot of scrimmaging and drills.

I had to get up at 8:30 in the morning to get there on time, 10:00. I didn't have a ride so I had to ride my bike to school. And this was bad because I lived 2 miles from my school. The first day that I road my bike there was the worst. This was because, when I was riding my peddle some how fell off. You would think that I could just screw the peddle back in but, the wires were striped so I could not do that. I ended up walking my bike a mile to get to home so I could garb another bike and be on my way. When I finally got to school after 20 minutes of bike riding, I made it to school.

When I in the stadium I had to put on my shin guards, socks, and cleats. The coach call us out on to the field and we started to stretch. Once we were done we scrimmaged the rest of the time which was 2 hours. The other days of that week were the same, but the second week was a whole different thing.

The coach was gone the second week so the Seniors were running the conditioning. this was a very bad thing for me. They made us do a lot of running. The first day of the second week was not to bad compared to the other days because we only had to run the mile. The bad part about that was that if you did not get under a certain time then you had to do it all over again. Luckily I got in done in one try. For the next two days we had to run up and down the bleachers. This may not seem that hard but you have to take in consideration that the stares are a foot and a half tall. We had to do this nine times. It was touchier. The other day we just ran on the track.
In all, this was not worth the hassle because I ended up not making the team. Hopefully next year I will make the team because most kids don't make the team as a freshman ans I will be a sophomore.

No comments:

Post a Comment