Thursday, October 1, 2009

My favorite Teacher


It was the first day of school and I was trying to find my second hour. My second hour was Science and I had Mr. Sherburne as my teacher. I didn’t know if he was mean or nice. My older sister told me that he was a great teacher but I couldn’t tell if she was lying to me because she doesn’t always tell me the truth. I figured that he was going to be one of the teachers who make his/her students write a 3 page paper on the first day of school.
As I was walking quickly down all the hallways trying to find my class and not be late at the same time, I felt like I was running through a corn maze. There were so many different pathways to get to each classroom. After a while I felt like I might be lost so I ended up stopping one of the teachers that was monitoring the hallways. I asked “how do I find Mr. Sherburne’s class?” The teacher said “Oh that is easy, just go down this hallway and it will be the first door on your right.” I walked down the hallway and sure enough, it was the first door on the right. I made it on time.
I was so nervous to go into second hour because my sister would not tell me if the teacher was mean or not. As I was reaching for the door knob my hand was shaking, the door knob felt like it was freezing cold. I imagined that I was in Antarctica with just a shirt and shorts on. I was so cold that my hands started to freeze up and my nose got a little red. I walked through the door and saw that Mr. Sherburne had a seating chart to tell us were to sit. After I took my seat, the bell rang meaning that class has started. The teacher came in a few minutes after the bell rang. He walked over to his desk and started playing his music very loudly from his computer. As he was playing his music the teacher from next door came over “Mr. Sherburn why are you playing your music so loud?” Mr. Sherburn said, “Is the music too loud?” “Yes” said the teacher. “Can you turn it down?” “Okay, said Mr. Sherburn.” During class, he instructed us to talk to the people around us and ask them questions about what they like to do. That was so boring, I almost fell a sleep. Suddenly I heard this noise in me ear. It was the bell. It felt like a opera singer was singing as loud as she could right in my ear. And that was the end of second hour.
After spending as full hour with Mr. Sherburn, I realized that he was not a mean teacher or one who makes you write a 3 page paper on the first day of school. He ended up being one of my favorite teachers. He is so cool, I am so glad that he would not give us homework until the second week of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment